* Surgery update *
Dear Friends,
First of all I would like to thank all that kept J in prayer this morning during his surgery. He was so brave, "and I didn't even cry mom." That is peace that passes understanding. God is good.
Second the Cholesteatoma is gone! Did you all get that! We are so happy about that. The first order of business when we found out 4 years ago that he has c-toma, was to get the ear healthy. That mission is accomplished. Dr D is a wonderful Dr. The best out there! (If you ever need a head and neck surgeon he is your man) What Dr D did tell us (which it is still soaking in so bear with me) the second order of business is to restore hearing as much as possible.
When he was in the ear putting in the prostesis, he found scar tissue and bone growth. Which basically means that when there is such trauma our bodies try to mend themselves. He removed the scar tissue , but the chance of it returning is great, which the scar tissue will not allow the bones and prostetic to vibrate for hearing. Basically Dr. D said that there is nothing more he can do for J. He will be reffering him to a Dr. in Los Angeles. A very special Dr.,the only other is in Sweden. (which I probably won't be heading that way anytime soon)
It has been a very long day. We are going to cuddle up and watch a movie or two, eat saltine crackers and drink gingerale.
Thanks agian,
Theresa
4 comments:
God is good!!!
What an answer to prayer!! I hope you get a well deserved rest! I bet you are exhausted!!
Hardest chore is standing by our ill loved ones. I'm happy to read your son is your braveheart.
How long before you go to LA?
Thank you all for your well wishes.
From my understanding, J will have a hearing test in about a month, we will know more then. Dr. D is looking at a year and half before going to LA. Gives us a little breathing room.
Post a Comment